Founded in May 1986, the Association Mauricienne des Femmes Chefs d’Entreprises brings together women business-owners from all sectors of the Mauritian economy. In addition to its individual members, it also counts two institutional members, Entreprendre Féminin Océan Indien – Maurice (EFOI Maurice) and Entreprendre Féminin Océan Indien – Rodrigues (EFOI Rodrigues) FCEM is the pioneer association uniting women business owners from the world over.
The AMFCE has three main objectives:.
- Bring together women who have invested in or manage single-handedly or jointly businesses in the manufacturing, service or retail sectors.
- Promote and encourage professional growth and life-long learning among its members.
- Support young women entrepreneurs in their professional development.
Affiliation and Membership
AMFCE Is A Member Of / Affliated :-
- Femmes Chefs d’Entreprises Mondiales (FCEM) - Affliation.
- The International Alliance for Women ( TIAW) –( Member/ B2B platform).
- MACOSS – (Member).
- Business Mauritius – ( Member).
- Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI) – (Council Member)
- Women in networking (WIN) – ( Founder Member).
- FCEM Bidsnet ( B2B platfrom).
Founded in France in 1945 at the end of World War II by Yvonne Foinant, and months before the United Nations, the Association quickly spread into other European countries and the four corners of the globe. FCEM brings together in solidarity and friendship, like-minded women who share a common interest, that of entrepreneurship. Today, the FCEM network includes over 70 different countries from the five continents. And FCEM membership is growing, with new demands for membership each year. FCEM is the acronym for 'Les Femmes Chefs d'Entreprises Mondiales' which in English translates to: World Association of Women Entrepreneurs. FCEM is the united world voice of women business owners FCEM as an active lobbying and advocacy body is consulted for its views on major issues concerning women business owners and the participation of women in economic activity throughout the world by governments, private and public institutions and policy-making bodies. FCEM is the only NGO of its kind to have consultative status to the United Nations (ECOSOC Roster status 1996/31) and with the Council of Europe as well as representation before the European Union, UNCTAD, UNIDO, UNDP, the OECD, and the International Labour Organization..